Applied Technology and Management (ATM) a Geosyntec Company, is looking for a Marine, Coastal, Geotechnical, and Structural Site Manager with at least 8 years of experience to join our marine and geotechnical practice in Dubai, UAE. Apply your quality management skills to projects involving geotechnical investigations, planning waterfront and coastal structures, analysis, design, and skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems by providing innovative, environmental sensitive, sustainable & cost-effective solutions. Applied Technology & Management, Inc. (ATM) offers a uniquely integrated, interdisciplinary team of experts comprised of engineers, analysts, designers, and scientists. With specialized expertise and experience on a variety of projects spanning the globe, our team of professionals has the diverse skills necessary to achieve your goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor activities on job sites to ensure compliance with relevant contract documents (e.g. technical specifications, construction drawings, sampling plans, CQA plans etc.);
- Provide periodic monitoring of active construction sites;
- Prepare daily field reports, weekly field reports, & progress reports;
- Ensure project documentation is correct and consistent with company policy & procedures;
- Interact with project personnel (contractors, project managers, engineers & clients) and assist in cultivating an integrated team approach through open lines of communications and participation in work progress meetings; and
- Observe and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the site-specific project health and safety plans and the company s Environmental Health and Safety Management policies and procedures.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec s culture. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, radiation safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm.
- Fieldwork: Up to 100 %
- Overnight travel: Up to 100%
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High school diploma or GED. (required)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in science, construction management, engineering, physical science, environmental science, or related subjects. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 8 years of applicable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Technical understanding of site investigation, construction quality assurance, and/or construction management procedures for marine, structural, and coastal projects. (required)
- Ability to monitor several different types of construction activities simultaneously. (required)
- Previous project management background and knowledge of CPM software. (preferred).
- Experience with Windows based software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.). (required)
- Excellent writing skills and detail orientation. (required)
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and 50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering controls. (required)
- Ability to speak and hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or craw. (required)
- Strong willingness to work outdoors with interest in building a career in the engineering consulting field. (required)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you’re looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees’ quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits